Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cooking

This topic is about another big passion in my life, cooking. What can I say I love cooking. You start off with a bunch of different items and combine them to create a delicious meal. Cooking for me is a great stress reliever. Sure it can be difficult however I see it as a challenge. I remember being little and cooking with my dad and sister. They used to have cooking shows :). I love those memories. I have also been a person who loves sitting down with my family and enjoying a home cooked meal. Our society is all about rushing through life, getting from one place to another quickly. i say slow down and enjoy life. I have mastered some dishes well. It is funny because I don't exactly have a recipe to these dishes. I cook by taste of the spices. I am well versed in spices and use almost every spice I have. I could turn this passion into a career but I feel this passion would lose its glimmer to me. I enjoy cooking for my family and friends. Baking is fun too for me. It has been said a person is only good at one thing, cooking or baking. I am good at both. Cooking and baking takes patience. I have burned dishes, had to start over, cut and burned myself, made things that were terrible. All these obstacles have not deterred me from my passion. I have never seen cooking as time consuming. I enjoy to watch cooking shows and have learned so much from some of the greatest cooks.
I urge you to try to cook something that you have never made before or something that failed you and really give it love and time, the result will be a meal that will great!

No comments:

Post a Comment